Re: [cdt-dev] Debug support in C/C++ Unit Testing Plugin

Subclassing delegates usually is a bad idea. A better approach is to create your own delegate class implementing ILaunchConfigurationDelegate2 that delegates the actual launch to the delegate configured in cdt.debug plugin. Here is code for getting hold of that delegate:

ILaunchConfigurationDelegate2 getDelegate(ILaunchConfiguration config, String mode) throws CoreException {
    ILaunchManager launchMgr = DebugPlugin.getDefault().getLaunchManager();
    ILaunchConfigurationType localCfg =
            launchMgr.getLaunchConfigurationType(ICDTLaunchConfigurationConstants.ID_LAUNCH_C_APP);
    Set<String> modes = config.getModes();
    modes.add(mode);
    // Explicitly force the CDT Debug Core plugin to be activated by accessing a method on it.
    // This ensures that the start() method of that plugin will initialize the preferred delegates.
    CDebugCorePlugin.getDefault();
    return (ILaunchConfigurationDelegate2) localCfg.getPreferredDelegate(modes).getDelegate();
}

Your delegate can modify the launch configuration before passing it on the other delegate.

-sergey