[cdt-dev] CDT build system, workspace jobs, and threads

I am running in bizarre behaviour of CDT build system when I try to modify
project description inside WorkspaceJob. I have two workspace jobs, both
doing something like:

	ICProjectDescription projectDescription =
						CoreModel.getDefault().getProjectDescription(project);

    ... interesting things ...

    CoreModel.getDefault().setProjectDescription(project, projectDescription);

The two jobs are executed sequentally. In fact, the second job is not even
scheduled until the first one is done. Still, the changes to project description
done by the first workspace job and not present in project description as obtained
by the second job. I noticed that jobs are run in different threads.

Can somebody guess what's going on here? [Let's leave aside the question about why there are
workspace jobs in the first place, and why I cannot get away with a single
setProjectDescription call, etc. -- I just want to understand this specific issue]

Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics
+7 (812) 677-68-40

Back to the top