Re: [cdt-dev] More colors for syntax highlight

We have similar requirements in our project. I was not able to find a way to extend semantic highlight without creating our own editor.

In our project we ended up creating a forked CDT version that has an extension point to contribute highlight rules (we support contributing rules for foreground semantic highlight, lines background (similar to CDT inactive code background) and nodes to the Syntax Coloring preference page. I'm going to cleanup our implementation and suggest it as a patch to CDT. You can see what we did here - https://github.com/eugeneo/cdt/commit/49f94135fb2fc8c84c64276a142726e90f29f2dc, https://github.com/eugeneo/cdt/commit/bd6c3644cc81911ec4e80b9b85d95ad3a57d9daf, etc.

Best regards,

Eugene