[cdt-dev] Integrating eclipse with a different debugger using CDT

We have a debugger developed in our company for our own proprietary scripting language. This
debugger has the same look and feel like the gdb debugger available in C. It starts a command
prompt and has options for adding breakpoints, printing values, method callflow etc. Now I have
to integrate this debugger with eclipse. Basically eclipse should invoke this debugger which is
installed in the same host and the developer should be able to work seamelessly.

I have read some articles on how to create a debugger in eclipse but did-not find any material as
to how Eclipse should be "integrated" with a 3rd party debugger. Can the CDT plugin be used to
integrate eclipse with third party debugger?. Also, more specifically, what are the major API's
in CDT that comes into play for this?

Regards,
Dev Sharma

Treat yourself at a restaurant, spa, resort and much more with Rediff Deal ho jaye!

Back to the top