[cdt-dev] question on CDT breakpoint properties dialog

HI All,
At WindRiver we're finally looking at using CDT breakpoints in our product, instead of a custom breakpoint model.  To that end, we'd like to make some improvements in CDT, which I added to the project plan: http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/planning/Juno.

The only potentially controversial item is changing the breakpoint properties dialog to a custom dialog that would allow some extra UI fluff: bug 360295.  So I'd like to know how the CDT community feels about this change before proceeding.  Specifically, is it important to anyone that we use the standard properties dialog?  If not, then the exact UI changes can be worked out later.  Please post comments on the bug.

BTW, I believe we should be able to make all the improvements without breaking API compatibility, although debuggers will have to migrate in order to enable the features.

Cheers,
Pawel

Back to the top