[cdt-dev] CDT Juno Plan

Hey gang, as discussed on the call yesterday, I’ve created the planning page for CDT Juno. It is available here:

   http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/planning/Juno

Please add your plan items there so the community can be aware of what changes are coming.

We also had a discussion on whether this will be CDT 8.1 or 9.0. It all depends on whether we can get away without changing APIs. There is a strong desire in the community to not change API and allow plug-ins built for CDT 8.0 to work with the new Juno release. In fact, there has always been that desire, which we’ve unfortunately been somewhat ignoring.

I would like us to make as much effort as possible to not change API and keep it at 8.1. If this isn’t possible, so be it. But it would be good to know soon. Are there cases where we know we’ll have to change API?

Thanks,
Doug.

Back to the top