Re: [cdt-dev] Building with Maven

On Thursday, September 29, 2011 18:40:46 Schaefer, Doug wrote:
> To summarize my point in this discussion. The reason we went to Maven is so
> that everyone can build for themselves anywhere. Almost every vendor has
> patches they apply to CDT before releasing it downstream. Having a build
> system that can run anywhere is a key requirement that the previous releng
> scripts didn't allow (they were very tied to being run on
> build.eclipse.org).

That's certainly a good thing, and I agree that maven build from git checkout
runs much more smoothly than was the case with PDE scripts (it was quite
possible to do a local build, it just was a pain to setup).

> We have properties that allow you to point at alternative locations for the
> Eclipse Platform and TM dependencies. You should have what you need. If
> not, please propose changes.

I am about to play with Maven in near future. I am not really feel confident
I would be able to propose any changes, but at least I'll report any problems
there are.

--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics