[cdt-dev] FW: Building with Maven

D'oh. Again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Schaefer, Doug
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 12:57 PM
To: 'Vladimir Prus'
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] Building with Maven

No. There's never been anything really official about Eclipse releng to begin with. Vendors who redistribute Eclipse generally deal with these requirements in their own way. And given the promise of API stability, I'm not sure how large of an affect we're talking about here.

> > Another option is to create a local mirror of the dependencies for
> > CDT and set the properties listed in the top level pom.xml file to
> > point at them instead of the default. It's pretty easy to create p2
> > mirrors these days (google for it). And use -D on the mvn command
> > line to override the properties.
>
> I imagine this will work, but having maven "download" things from
> file:// repository sounds like a way to slow down already slow down
> build :-(

Not sure I get you. file:// should be pretty fast since it doesn't go over a network connection. And I'm not sure I'd characterize the builds as slow. Including running all the tests, the builds only take 40 minutes on Hudson.

> --
> Vladimir Prus
> CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics
> +7 (812) 677-68-40