[cdt-dev] Reminder to use 'rebase' instead of 'merge'

Hi,

I've seen a couple of merges on the main CDT repo recently, looking at the Git history.
This is just a reminder that when you want to merge your branch into master or cdt_8_0, etc,
it is cleaner to use 'rebase'.  Your change will still appear on the main branch, but the
history will be linear instead of split.  So, set your current branch to e.g., master,
the right-click on your sub-branch and select 'rebase'.

Thanks

Marc

P.S. You'll notice I made the same mistake in the past :-)

Back to the top