[cdt-dev] Support of Framework Headers on OS X

I searched through the bug database but did not find anything related but here is the issue.

The indexer doesn't understand how to parse framework header directory structures on OS X. This is probably best explained by example. I am currently developing some OpenCL code and the basic include in the source file is this:

#include <OpenCL/opencl.h>

On OS X the following is the header path:

/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Headers/opencl.h

So when the indexer attempts to find opencl.h it is looking for "OpenCL/opencl.h" as a directory structure but will never find it.

Here is a link with some more information:

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPFrameworks/Tasks/IncludingFrameworks.html

So I guess there would need to be some added checking inside the search paths that the indexer uses in order to figure out if a framework is being used? Just thought I would bring it to the attention of the devs for comment. I'll try to create a bug report in the near future.

Thanks
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio

Back to the top