Re: [cdt-dev] Files committed to EDC with windows line endings

Daniel,

I missed anything about line ending issues when I was ramping up on git with CDT. If you send me a path I'll apply it and I'll look at the core.autocrlf config option.

- Ken

From: ext Daniel Thomas <daniel.thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 04:29:05 -0700
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ken Ryall <ken.ryall@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Files committed to EDC with windows line endings

Hello,

A recent commit to EDC: f7c4790c134d0cdc30cdbe8d2a016bf27cd25528 “Sync with recent changes at Nokia, include patches”

with line changes -26922/+36240 owes a large part of it size to the fact that it changes existing files to use windows line endings as opposed to unix line endings:

org.eclipse.cdt.debug.edc.tests/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

org.eclipse.cdt.debug.edc.tests/src/org/eclipse/cdt/debug/edc/debugger/tests/Concurrent.java

org.eclipse.cdt.debug.edc.tests/src/org/eclipse/cdt/debug/edc/debugger/tests/DisassemblyView.java

org.eclipse.cdt.debug.edc.tests/src/org/eclipse/cdt/debug/edc/debugger/tests/ExpressionsAggregatesAndEnums.java

org.eclipse.cdt.debug.edc.tests/src/org/eclipse/cdt/debug/edc/debugger/tests/ExpressionsBasicTypes.java

etc.

It also adds new files using windows line endings:

org.eclipse.cdt.debug.edc.tcf.extension/src/org/eclipse/cdt/debug/edc/tcf/extension/services/AbstractTCFService.java

org.eclipse.cdt.debug.edc.tests/src/org/eclipse/cdt/debug/edc/debugger/tests/BreakpointActionsTest.java

org.eclipse.cdt.debug.edc.tests/src/org/eclipse/cdt/debug/edc/debugger/tests/BreakpointsServiceTest.java

org.eclipse.cdt.debug.edc.tests/src/org/eclipse/cdt/debug/edc/debugger/tests/DisassemblyViewARMBlackFlagRVCT.java

etc.

This makes working out what the changes were more difficult (though --ignore-space-at-eol helps) and makes merging painful.

It would be wonderful if this could be fixed. Would you like a patch?

The core.autocrlf config option is useful to prevent this happening again http://help.github.com/line-endings/

Thank you,

Daniel

Back to the top