Re: [cdt-dev] git patch files

Whatever works gang.

:D

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mikhail Khodjaiants
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 4:56 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] git patch files

On 15/08/2011 4:01 PM, John Cortell wrote:

Thanks. Mikhail. I posted an updated patch based on git diff, but I noticed this produces a format different than what Doug's youtube screencast produces (using eGit). Ironically, it looks like what I originally posted was in the "right format". Oh well. I guess the important question is: how do you apply a patch created with 'git diff'?

I have no problem applying patches created with 'git diff'. I use "Apply Patch" from EGit and it works fine. Creating a patch from EGit as described in the Doug's video produces a huge diff. I have tried many different variations but haven't been able to make it work.

Back to the top