|Re: [cdt-dev] git patch files|
The problem I was having with the patch seems to be related that the patch was created from commit which does not exist in CDT repository. Probably, from local intermediate commit? I have no problems with the patch created with git diff.
On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 4:01 PM, John Cortell <rat042@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
- At 09:55 AM 8/15/2011, Mikhail Khodjaiants wrote:
- I have trouble creating patches using EGit and use
- git diff master..branch
- to create patches.
- Thanks. Mikhail. I posted an updated patch based on git diff, but I noticed this produces a format different than what Doug's youtube screencast produces (using eGit). Ironically, it looks like what I originally posted was in the "right format". Oh well. I guess the important question is: how do you apply a patch created with 'git diff'?
- As a side note, I installed eGit today for the first time and have been playing around with it . I first downloaded the Indigo release, then the latest nightly build. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. The amount of missing functionality and number of bugs was pretty disheartening. I've been getting fairly comfortable with git at the cmdline, and was hoping to start using git from within Eclipse to return to the seamless workflow I had with CVS, but with the number of issues I've run into so quickly, I think I'll be staying with cmdline and Git GUI for a while.
- I'm sure the eGit team is working on improving things as quickly as they can, and I imagine that we'll have CVS-parity by next June. I just thought things were in better shape.
- cdt-dev mailing list
cdt-dev mailing list