[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[cdt-dev] Fixed bug 307311
- From: Audio Ranger Development <developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 23:27:07 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed; d=audioranger.com; h= message-id:date:from:mime-version:to:subject:content-type: content-transfer-encoding; s=audioranger.com; bh=/uMsmMPFu0miJ6N U6jQDhoaXxBM=; b=CCoJI2HjUPnVc9T5e/ImLi3zqTtEt11snXZ9YZa2zGouV/5 8Dky7CqEJSfaZRrtJ/+1jo7srWydCCcGJSsWUKAxCzJwN1iJsEg17BHPhqrr2OVk FRtmPn/PZZehbTj21iTKIQfdpeTZXs2Y6E4fWQ6n83vVMrwFpB8aNrP3JI5s=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=audioranger.com; h=message-id :date:from:mime-version:to:subject:content-type: content-transfer-encoding; q=dns; s=audioranger.com; b=14QrTeodH FwRYYG3sUpcqpJM+aoYrwdpfv0hyhtmnjWJhfKkdSQPr23RmOe6xzAzlNbnOVAB8 fNE/Fa7S/SG/rR/bkriLPakmzsGY0hYEpYna8nHgCf74SwbwjSoj70cGh9YBbsrM 0JedP8p9cgqa7G4WYZQLXKzmmTlAL99xUU=
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110624 Thunderbird/5.0
Dear members of the Eclipse CDT mailing list,
I've fixed bug 307311 and attached a corresponding patch - see
It brings UTF-8 Unicode support to the Eclipse CDT debugging views.
The patch works well for me, but a short review might cover the
following things which I'm not quite sure about (I'm new to Eclipse
1) Changes have been made to the MIConst.java class contained within the
package org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.mi.service.command.output, but what about
the package org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.output? (It seems to contain
2) MIVarEvaluateExpressionInfo and MIDataEvaluateExpressionInfo should
probably call MIConst.getString instead of MIConst.getCString in order
to support UTF-8 for evaluated expressions, too, if this has no other
side effects (I didn't notice any, at least).
3) This patch relies on the following gdb options:
--> gdb's "host-charset" must be set to "UTF-8" (if it's not, the patch
may not recognize all UTF-8 strings correctly). CDT users can do this
via the .gdbinit file, but a separate Eclipse preference option would be
handier (possibly conveniently defaulting to "UTF-8").
--> gdb's "print sevenbit-strings" must be set to "on" (again, if it's
not, the patch may not recognize all UTF-8 strings correctly). This
however is the default setting anyway for the gdb/mi interface.
I'd be happy about any feedback / comments. Thank you very much for your
valued time and work.