[cdt-dev] Project conversion options

                Hi all,

                Using CDT 8 I’d like to implement a mechanism to convert existing projects from one tool chain to another both of which use the MBS. For example let’s say that the existing toolchain is foo.toolchain with tools foo.compiler, foo.assembler and foo.linker. When a user opens a project with this toolchain I’d like to convert these to bar.toolchain, bar.compiler, bar.assembler and bar.linker. I think I’ll also need to convert elements outside of the buildProperties extension point such error parsers, scanner configuration providers, etc...

                I’ve found  org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.projectConverter as well as org.eclipse.cdt.core.projectConverter and org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.tcModficationInfo but it’s not clear to me what the difference between these extension points are nor which is most suitable for this situation.

                Any thoughts of recommendations from the experts out there?

                Thanks!

                Glen

Back to the top