[cdt-dev] Issues creating patch with egit

Hello,

I am having the same issue mentioned by “Tomljenovic Marko” @ http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cdt-dev/msg21751.html

Unfortunately either EGit or my understanding of GIT is the problem. Somehow I can't get a patch created that only contains the changed files. The created patch is always multiple MBs big for just one changed file. It seems to contain the changes of multiple projects.

The patch file created is not only for line feeds, it contains real changes.

I only created a branch from master, checked it out, made some changes, committed them, then trying to create a patch from the commit from the history view.

After some trials I was able to create a commit that has this problem, then subsequent commits were clean, so I create a temp commit, then a real one. For some reason this is no longer working.

Can someone please advise me on what I might be doing wrong.

Best Regards,

Mohamed

Back to the top