Re: [cdt-dev] Language extension driven by compiler inputType

Thanks, Mike. I was about to go on a hunt for something like that J.

I’m still think hooking up to the build information and active configuration is the right thing to do, even in your case. I’m just surprised it wasn’t hooked up already.

Doug.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Kucera
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:26 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Language extension driven by compiler inputType

For XLUPC projects the new project wizard explicitly sets up the language mappings with the LanguageManager.

It has to do this because while source files can be recognized only by content type (.upc) header files cannot (they still use .h). Headers must be mapped to the UPC language or else they will be sometimes be parsed as standard C.

Take a look at XLUpcSettingsWizardRunnable in the org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.xlupc.ui plugin.

Mike Kucera

Rational Multicore Tooling

UI Team Lead

IBM Toronto Lab

mkucera@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for "Schaefer, Doug" ---07/18/2011 10:03:03 PM---Hey gang, I'm not sure how many people have done this, b"Schaefer, Doug" ---07/18/2011 10:03:03 PM---Hey gang, I'm not sure how many people have done this, but I'm hoping someone out there can help. I'