Re: [cdt-dev] Help on table viewer with flexible hierarchy treeviewer

Hi Haseena,
From you description I would guess that you have a bug in handling events where the request monitor for an event is never completed. Check your buildDelta() implementations. The abstract VM provider implementation processes events one at a time. So if an event is apparently still processing, it will queue the next one until the previous one finishes.

Cheers,
Pawel

On 07/12/2011 12:56 AM, Haseena L. wrote:
No, I am not talking about graphical events. I have a doubleclick listener, which generates and dispatches a custom event.
It does not seem that the event dispatcher thread is blocked. The dispatched event is received by other views.
The received (custom) event is getting queued in AbstarctVMProvider.ModelProxyEventQueue, but no further processing is performed.

Regards,
Haseena

-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alena Laskavaia
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 4:07 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Help on table viewer with flexible hierarchy treeviewer

Are you talking about graphical events? Are you blocking event
dispatcher from working because of locks or just doing something else
in main thread?

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:14 AM, Haseena L.<haseena.l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi,

I am implementing a table viewer using flexible hierarchy Tree Viewer. I
followed the DSF examples and could successfully implement the table view. I
have 4 views which are interrelated with a unique field. My requirement  is
that, when I double click a particular row in one view, the other views
should be updated such that the rows containing related information is
selected and highlighted.  But unfortunately this is not happening.

A custom event is generated when double clicking an entry and the event is
received by the other views. The event is getting queued and no further
processing is being done and the data is not getting highlighted.  Could
someone help me on this?

Regards,

Haseena

***** Confidentiality Statement/Disclaimer *****

This message and any attachments is intended for the sole use of the
intended recipient. It may contain confidential information. Any
unauthorized use, dissemination or modification is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
then delete it from all your systems, and do not copy, use or print.
Internet communications are not secure and it is the responsibility of the
recipient to make sure that it is virus/malicious code exempt.
The company/sender cannot be responsible for any unauthorized alterations or
modifications made to the contents. If you require any form of confirmation
of the contents, please contact the company/sender. The company/sender is
not liable for any errors or omissions in the content of this message.