[cdt-dev] How to extend the C99 / GCC LR Parser

Hello all,

I am working on a parser for a C based language which contains some small extensions, e.g. special type qualifiers. Therefore I would like to extend the C99 or GCC LR Parser.

I read a lot of content in the web and CDT source code. I managed to generate the Parser from the grammar file and I'm able to compile the generated files. I also understood that today the lexer is not generated using the LPG, but is a part of the preprocessor.

Now, nevertheless I didn't get the complete overview where I need to do changes if for instance I want to add a new type qualifier "__data16". Do I have to do modifications on the preprocessor and do I do that? I think keywords can be added using the ScannerExtensionConfiguration, but I don't know how to do this correctly. Do I also need to do adaptations to the AST?

It would be great if one of you could give me a short overview in which modules I need to do modifications, so that I understand the behavior better.

Thanks in advance!!

Sebastian Wagner

Schon gehört? WEB.DE hat einen genialen Phishing-Filter in die
Toolbar eingebaut! http://produkte.web.de/go/toolbar

Back to the top