Re: [cdt-dev] Git - apply patch to two branches

Ok I think I did it
- I have local branch cdt_8_0 connected to origin/cdt_8_0
- Applied patch, commit, push, push failed, fetch, rebase, push, success now
- Create another local branch master -> origin/master
- Right click on master - Checkout (it has black checkmark now)
- In History view click on Show all branches icon - it shows master
and cdt 8 now!
- Find my commit on cdt_8_0, right click - Cherry pick - it is now on master
- Push..., add master to list of branches, then fetch
- Rich click on cdt_8_0 branch - > Checkout

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Alena Laskavaia
<elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmm. I don't have Team -> Switch To > Master. There no Switch to menu
> at all neither in project menus, nor repository context menu
> I only have one local Branch - cdt_8_0, can I add master to that list some how?
>
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 1:22 PM, James Blackburn
> <jamesblackburn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 27 June 2011 16:33, Alena Laskavaia <elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I am really not familiar with git, I need exact instructions, i.e.
>>> - I apply patch on my workspace which is local branch cdt_8_0 pointing
>>> to remote branch_8_0
>>> - I commit my change locally
>>> - Now what? How to do I merge this change master? What exact command I run?
>>
>> You now push your cdt_8_0 to git.eclipse.org, so the changes are
>> published to everyone on cdt_8_0.
>>
>> Then if you want to make the same change on master:
>> - right click > team > Switch To > Master
>> - Open history view, find change, right click > cherry pick.
>> - check everything's ok, and push your master to eclipse.org.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> James

Back to the top