Re: [cdt-dev] Git - apply patch to two branches

On 27 June 2011 16:33, Alena Laskavaia <elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am really not familiar with git, I need exact instructions, i.e.
> - I apply patch on my workspace which is local branch cdt_8_0 pointing
> to remote branch_8_0
> - I commit my change locally
> - Now what? How to do I merge this change master? What exact command I run?

You now push your cdt_8_0 to git.eclipse.org, so the changes are
published to everyone on cdt_8_0.

Then if you want to make the same change on master:
- right click > team > Switch To > Master
- Open history view, find change, right click > cherry pick.
- check everything's ok, and push your master to eclipse.org.

Cheers,
James

Back to the top