Re: [cdt-dev] Git - apply patch to two branches

I would just do what we did with CVS. Merge the cdt_8_0 branch into master and push the resulting master once conflicts are resolved and tests pass.

Mind you, I'm not certain we did that either. As the maintenance branch diverges from the main one, it gets riskier to merge. That's why I think Andrew's tip on cherry picking the commits from cdt_8_0 that we want in master (or vice versa) would be best, especially if it's done right after the commit goes in.

Doug.