Re: [cdt-dev] DSF/GDB: How can I refresh the debug context?

On 16/06/2011 3:26 PM, Marc Khouzam wrote:
A refreshEvent was discussed but I felt it was too generic an event.  Normally, you would create a new event or events, and would update the VM node.  But I realize it is a lot of work and it would be much nicer to simply issue an event that will refresh the views.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable about the VM nodes can give their input?   Pawel maybe :-)

I've done something not as cleanly as I should have for tracepoint visualiztion that you can look at, which
refreshes the Debug view on an couple of Trace events.  Look at LaunchVMProvider and event
ITracingStartedDMEvent.  It does not use the deltas but simply refreshes the view.  I would like
to clean that up in the next release though.

You can also look at MITracepointSelectedEvent which pretends to be a breakpointHitEvent to trigger
a SuspendedEvent and refresh the views.

Marc

Marc,

I have run into a similar issue.
Running 'target-download" command changes the stack information but the stack frames in the Debug view can not be updated because the current context (the top stack frame) is cached in "MIStack" and needs to be reloaded.
The same problem will appear in the case when the symbol table of a library is loaded manually. We had a request to fix it for CDI.

Shouldn't we add something like
'StackChangedEvent' to 'IStack'? What do you think?

Thanks,
Mikhail

Back to the top