[cdt-dev] What project reference is used for (can't link object files from a slave project)?

Hello,

With the generous help of Axel Mueller (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/210738/) I was able to compile a managed Master Project, which references source files (*.h and *.cpp) from a managed Slave Project. However, the linking fails, because it is unaware of the object (*.o) files in the Slave Project (linking produces "Undefined symbols" error for the symbols defined in the latter object files).

Is it possible in the managed makefile projects to link against the Slave Project's object files at all, or should I just create a manual build?

If this referencing .h and .cpp files is impossible as far as linking is concerned, what would be the scenario of using project references? Perhaps, a bootstrap for the manual build process?

Thanks.

-8

Back to the top