Re: [cdt-dev] Passing build configuration options to a project template via a method.

Hello!

I have now tried to implement an External Settings Provider, but some things are a bit unclear to me.

1) How External Settings Provider adjusts to different locations in different machines? Does this happen automatically or if not then what checks or tricks should one implement?
2) Pkg-config outputs OS-specific paths so does External Settings Provider work cross-platform as well?
3) How to add a value to "Other flags" field in Compiler's Miscellaneous group? ICSettingEntry doesn't exist for that.
4) For some reason ICConfigurationDescription#setExternalSettingsProviderIds doesn't have effect on AbstractCPropertyTab#updateData but works via preference page or pop-up menuitem etc. Any ideas what's wrong?

As a side note this approach seem to take more time.

Cheers,
Petri