From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Goodrich
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 3:40 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] DSF/GDB: How can I refresh the debug context?

I’ve got a custom “monitor” command for our stub that causes a fundamental change to the target system (similar to what would happen if you reset the target or encountered an interrupt/exception).  If the debug session is paused/suspended (e.g. after a Single Step) and I send this command, the target behaves correctly.  However, I have to Single Step to get the windows (registers, disassembly, etc.) to update.

Is there a way to programmatically force a refresh/update of the debug context?  I’ve beat my head against this for a while; I’m hoping that someone on here might already have the answer.

Thanks,

            -- Steve G.

Back to the top