Re: [cdt-dev] Notes on git

OK. The main issue I ran into is resolved. I cheated creating the test2 repos which missed some permissions bits. James and I are redoing test3 which will have things configured correctly.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James Blackburn
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:38 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Notes on git

Hi All,

The git for computer scientists document is really good for understanding what's going on in git:

I installed the release candidate egit from:

The test repository, for committers, is:

(Note this URL is different from the http URL: http://git.eclipse.org/c/cdt/test2/org.eclipse.cdt.git/)

The password is your portal password.

I wasn't able to reproduce the soft reset issue Doug had in the call: reset --soft changed the HEAD, but didn't change the working copy

I did however get the same error on push.

 An internal Exception occurred during push: ssh://jblackburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/gitroot/cdt/test2/org.eclipse.cdt.git/: error occurred during unpacking on the remote end: unpack-objects abnormal exit

Command line git is more helpful:

Counting objects: 21, done.

Compressing objects: 100% (6/6), done.

Writing objects: 100% (11/11), 755 bytes, done.

Total 11 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0)

error: insufficient permission for adding an object to repository database ./objects

fatal: failed to write object

error: unpack failed: unpack-objects abnormal exit

 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (n/a (unpacker error))

error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://jblackburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/gitroot/cdt/test2/org.eclipse.cdt.git/'

Doug, how did you create the central repo?  Did you pass '--shared' to git init?  It's possible that Mark is the only one who can push at the moment ;)

Cheers,

James

Back to the top