Re: [cdt-dev] Passing build configuration options to a project template via a method.

On 13 June 2011 15:26, Schaefer, Doug <Doug.Schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hmm, the idea behind pkg-config is that I can take the same project to a different machine where the packages are installed in a different location and have the build automatically adjust to the new location. I've been using that capability planning with Wayland. The paths are dynamic and shouldn't be hardcoded in the build settings. Mind you, that makes things a lot more difficult.

We support this already using the ExternalSettingsProvider extension point.   (We use this hook successfully here to plumb in our SDK paths which change frequently.)

At any rate, what I've done in the past is implement a pagesAfterTemplateSelectionProvider. When the wizard is finished it asks the pages for a dictionary of string/value pairs that are passed down to the template processes.

Yep, that's what I'd do.

Cheers,
James

Back to the top