From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dominik Röttsches
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2011 8:00 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Setting Breakpoints symbolically? (in gdb/DSF)

Hi,

when I look at the gdb and gdb-traces consoles when debugging in conjunction with a remote gdb-server target, I see that the breakpoints are sent to gdbserver via:
[...] break-insert /path/to/the/file/on/my/local/system/myProject/mySubDir/sourcefile:79

I.e. it tries to set breakpoints by local file path and line number.

Is it possible to either
a) just set the breakpoint symbolically? I.e. 'break-insert Namespace::Class::MyFunction'
b) strip the local-system parts of the path, i.e. only set breakpoint by "myProject/mySubDir/sourcefile:79"

In the current way, in a remote debugging setup, gdbserver does not accept the breakpoint specification containing the full local path and the debugging session cannot be created. However, when I manually add such a symbolic breakpoint in the gdb console, it's possible to set it symbolically.

Thanks for your help,

Dominik

Back to the top