Re: [cdt-dev] Custom toolchain - how to specify a library and include file?

Thank you, I will be sure to try it.

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 7:18 AM, Chris Recoskie <recoskie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You can accomplish this by creating a new option that is of the library type, but set an applicability calculator on it that always hides the option in the UI, but still contributes it to command line generation. This way the value is there but the user never sees the option and hence can never modify it.

This trick is used in the XL C/C++ toolchain, you can look to it for an example.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for Eugene Ostroukhov ---05/27/2011 06:33:39 PM---I apologize for writing to this mailing list - Eclipse Eugene Ostroukhov ---05/27/2011 06:33:39 PM---I apologize for writing to this mailing list - Eclipse forums don't log me in for whatever reason.

Eugene Ostroukhov <eostroukhov@xxxxxxxxx>

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/27/2011 06:33 PM

[cdt-dev] Custom toolchain - how to specify a library and include file?

Sent by:

cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I apologize for writing to this mailing list - Eclipse forums don't log me in for whatever reason.

I am defining a new CDT toolchain. It is using GNU linker hence I base our linker tools on decendants of cdt.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cpp.linker

How can I add a library to link against? I found that I can subclass an option for linker but this has a drawback that the user will see the library in his UI and potentially remove it breaking his project configuration.
On a separate note, is there some way to specify a header file that will be included in all C/C++ files in the project even without the #include directive? Think of stdio.h in K/R C.

Thank you,
Best regards,
Eugene