[cdt-dev] ManagedBuildManager.setOption for" C/C++ General -> Paths & Symbols" -- or alternative?

PTP has some new project wizards for setting up projects for MPI (a common parallel-programming api/library).
MPI typically uses a build command e.g. "mpicc" which handles includes, etc itself.

In the CDT project, If i set include paths in c/c++ build -> settings it is added to the build command. But I don't need that because 'mpicc' handles includes. BUT CDT needs to know.
if i add it (via the UI) to C/C++ general -> paths and symbols then I believe it's only for CDT's sake, which is what I want (for Indexer etc.)

Previously i was setting MPI include paths (that end up in c/c++ build -> settings) -- programmatically i set
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.IOption whose option type is: IOption.INCLUDE_PATH
then did
ManagedBuildManager.setOption(IConfiguration, ITool, IOption, arrayOfIncludePaths);

Now I want to add the mpi include paths to the C/C++ General -> paths and symbols instead.
How do I do this programmatically?
I don't see an IOption constant that looks like this one to let me do it.
I believe it's not in the build options, it's something to do with ICProjectDescription/ICConfigurationDescription?
I tried to look in the UI code for the Paths & Symbols page but couldn't find it.
There seems to be some old code in there that isn't being used, and it's hard to tell what's what.

Can anyone point me to how to set the project information to add include paths to the project's "C/C++ general -> paths and symbols" setting?
I would really like to get this into RC3 if possible.
Thanks.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Back to the top