Re: [cdt-dev] [GSoC] Static Analysis Checkers for C/C++

> b. creation of checkers which find things which will cause a compiler error
> Such checkers may be considered of limited use, but yet some of those
> are worth implementing so that they are highlighted during typing and
> can be quick-fixed instantly, as a typing aid (for example detecting
> unimplemented virtual methods or invalid implicit casts).

I think this would be very useful.

What I envision is for CDT to eventually be able to catch *all* compiler
errors - including tricky template-related ones - and show them as
red underlines. I know CDT is still far from this stage, but it has been
getting closer with each release.

We have accomplished this for Java - why not aim for the same for C++?

Regards,
Nate.

Back to the top