Re: [cdt-dev] stop on main by default

That’s a good point. It’s not something we’ve done at this point so I’ll have to see if the EPP build system can support it. Right now we just feed it a top-level feature, not a product file.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James Blackburn
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:42 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] stop on main by default

On 26 April 2011 04:51, Marc-Andre Laperle <malaperle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I wouldn't want to change the default without having a way for products to override it. Isn't there a customization.ini that can override preferences?

Right, and that's an important point.  All products already override global preferences (if you're not you're missing out on a good thing!):

So having it configurable would be good. The default could remain the same, but the CDT EPP product (for example) could switch the default so ordinary users downloading from eclipse.org get the experience CDT committers think is best.

Cheers,

James