Re: [cdt-dev] Wascana for Indigo

That probably is the approach I would take. But, you guys have done a good job with mingw-get and I want to encourage CDT/MinGW users to use it. It could be wrapped in p2 but at this point I'm not sure it's needed enough for me to drop other things I want to work on.

So in the end, it becomes a two installer process, just like the other Eclipse C/C++ IDE platforms: Install MinGW, install the IDE. I just need to make sure the IDE can find where MinGW was laid down, or an easy way for user to tell it (though I prefer it be automated, of course).

> [*] For instance, the various sdl-, gtk-, glib- packages you currently have
> included as part of the wascana d/l.  Also, mingw-get should probably be
> flexible enough to install tdm's gcc, or mingw64's, instead of mingw.org's,
> should you prefer: but again, this hasn't been tested.

Actually, other than SDL, I never got far with that. We should put the effort into mingw-get for these things and more instead.

Cheers,
Doug.

Back to the top