From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Abdelhalim Ragab
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 3:04 PM
To: cdt-dev
Subject: [cdt-dev] Function Breakpoints

Hi, Is there a way to create a function breakpoint programmatically (using the APIs) without knowing the location of the function?

I don't want to rely on CDT Indexer to return the function location as it not always guaranteed to find it. So any alternatives? you can assume the binary image has been created with debug information.

Alternative way to ask the question, Is there a way to get the location of a "symbol"  (file, or memory address)  during launch/runtime?

..Abdelhalim

Back to the top