Re: [cdt-dev] headless build order for managed projects does not appear to work (CDT 7.0.0)

Hi James,

On 11 April 2011 22:58, Patterson, James <james_patterson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Folks,

We would like to build a subset of managed projects with headless feature.

If we specify  <–build all> option on the command line, then the build order matches the build order when the projects are built in the GUI.  All is well under that scenario.  However, we only desire to build some of the projects.  So, if we specify the main project which has dependencies on other projects, (ie:  <-build mainProject>, then the build order changes from build-to-build and thus does not match the build order in the GUI.  This of course leads to inconsistent builds.

The headless builder should build projects in the same way as the UI. For CDT managed projects references should be built before their dependents.  Presumably you've configured the references under Project Properties > C/C++ General > Paths & Symbols > References?

Cheers,
James

Back to the top