Re: [cdt-dev] Adding custom register groups in DSF

Hi Abeer,
I suggest you open a bug for this request and provide a patch.

Cheers,
Pawel

On 04/11/2011 04:47 AM, Abeer Bagul wrote:
Hi

Currently DSF-GDB only defines one register group for all registers in the backend. In order to define custom register groups, we can subclass MIRegisters service and define our own groups. However, there are a few small issues in MIRegisters which makes it difficult to subclass.
Example:
The variables fCommandFactory, fRegisterNameCache are not visible to subclasses. Can there be protected accessor methods for the same?
The methods makeRegisterDMCs(...) can be made protected.
In the method writeRegister(...), the write operation proceeds only if group number is 0. Because of that, we have to assign 0 to all custom register groups. This check can be removed to allow custom groups.

Thanks
Abeer Bagul
Tensilica India
_______________________________________________ cdt-dev mailing list cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cdt-dev