Re: [cdt-dev] 'Project Build' vs 'Build Configurations > Build All'

At 06:32 AM 4/11/2011, James Blackburn wrote:

On 11 April 2011 02:21, John Cortell <rat042@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm seeing a big difference in CDT model activity between a standard project build (builds only active configuration) and a request to build all build configurations (via 'Build Configurations > Build All'). The latter seems really sparse. Before I delve into this, does someone know if this is expected behavior? The stuff I'm coding assumes a project build will create the C model containers and binary objects for the build's output files. It happens in one case, but not the other.

I don't know a whole lot about the c model (other than it doesn't know anything about build configurations...).  Currently BuildConfigurationsJob delegates to the MBManager to build a project's configurations.  This simply builds the requested configurations as part of a single platform build request.
As far as cdt.core is concerned, the active configuration doesn't change, so I guess if the binary parsers only run when content changes under the active configuration's output directories(?), it'll miss any changes in other build output directories.

And that would be fine with me. But even the active configuration is being missed. I'll take a look at that code. Thanks.

Back to the top