[cdt-dev] 'Project Build' vs 'Build Configurations > Build All'

I'm seeing a big difference in CDT model activity between a standard project build (builds only active configuration) and a request to build all build configurations (via 'Build Configurations > Build All'). The latter seems really sparse. Before I delve into this, does someone know if this is expected behavior? The stuff I'm coding assumes a project build will create the C model containers and binary objects for the build's output files. It happens in one case, but not the other.

John

---------------
org.eclipse.cdt.core.model.ElementChangedEvent[source= CMODEL [*]: {CHILDREN | FINE GRAINED}
p1 CPROJECT [*]: {CHILDREN | CONTENT | FINE GRAINED}
Debug CCONTAINER [+]: {}
ResourceDelta(/p1/.settings)[+]]
---------------
org.eclipse.cdt.core.model.ElementChangedEvent[source= CMODEL [*]: {CHILDREN | FINE GRAINED}
p1 CPROJECT [*]: {CHILDREN | CONTENT | FINE GRAINED}
Binaries C_CONTAINER [+]: {}
Debug CCONTAINER [*]: {CHILDREN | FINE GRAINED}
src CCONTAINER [*]: {CHILDREN | FINE GRAINED}
p1.o C_BINARY [+]: {}
p1.exe C_BINARY [+]: {}]
org.eclipse.cdt.core.model.ElementChangedEvent[source= CMODEL [*]: {CHILDREN | FINE GRAINED}
p2 CPROJECT [*]: {CONTENT}
ResourceDelta(/p2/.settings)[+]
ResourceDelta(/p2/Debug)[+]
ResourceDelta(/p2/Release)[+]]