Re: [cdt-dev] Eclipse and Gtkmm

-1. I think cdt_dev should be reserved for discussions related to develoment. You just said on twitter that you don't have time to weed through forums. Do you want cdt_dev to become that? Forums are intended for user help why don't use them. And I think committers *should* visit there.

Now there are fair amount of questions on plugin development coming to the forum. Those I welcome to post on cdt_dev.

Andrew

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Schaefer, Doug <Doug.Schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

+1. Just had this discussion on twitter. I never go to the forums. I spend my day in Outlook and don’t have the time to go look at the forums. One could interpret me telling them to go to the forums and a lack of interest in their issues. That of course is not true and I’m happy to see them anywhere, but I’m more likely to see them if they show up in my Outlook.

Doug.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James Blackburn
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:10 AM
To: elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx; CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Eclipse and Gtkmm

On 31 March 2011 02:22, Alena Laskavaia <elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You should probably post this question on CDT user's forum

Just out of interest how many CDT committers regularly look at the forums?  I know Andrew does and I think I've seen Toni post there. However in general forums seem to get little love.

I personally don't mind user questions on cdt-dev.  The list is pretty quiet, and it gives us an inkling of what people are trying to do as well as provide visibility of what issues people are seeing.  For frequently asked questions we can point users at the FAQ or documentation. Where there is no documentation, that's helpful too...

With mail filters it's pretty easy to ignore messages you don't want to reply to, but I don't think we should necessarily force people away just because the question isn't related to cdt internals.  There may be others in the community who do know and are willing to reply...

Cheers,

James

I think