[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [cdt-dev] Eclipse and Gtkmm
- From: Andrew Gvozdev <angvoz.dev@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:16:45 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=zfoyi0sxTbZTHDdUv2RZhJtwVgkNf1ScUGLd0pyqGRs=; b=jjm16H7wXByg7lGvjbv7DTVGd3jPylkYq9wHGE/9ulEjXMOd0uAH+AmEiCeBwlY6qW 4TCY28RiX56XCOxb9zHVwIxyi7YJza6UxNwtnXdQd/3Vk0j5bKQrcitj/3tYnjyeOj7o r5EUWVuv0XrCHg46h+KC/0hSisszJTArqqE2Q=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=wT8qLN9FwZRRqNdKvRwff2IDVI8pmnCTR6cjB/8sGHvipzbmIkxTckkr7nLqGtNII0 34TAX1mqbRFB8cOnI+GGlYrUD75NxJ18TfoDuPLaXhrIoQjdzWLUcRYLtoIplTukOtUt Nc1fLn+mVIQm//itqV9pr8iWJez15LUYGrv08=
-1. I think cdt_dev should be reserved for discussions related to develoment. You just said on twitter that you don't have time to weed through forums. Do you want cdt_dev to become that? Forums are intended for user help why don't use them. And I think committers *should* visit there.
Now there are fair amount of questions on plugin development coming to the forum. Those I welcome to post on cdt_dev.
On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Schaefer, Doug <Doug.Schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
+1. Just had this discussion on twitter. I never go to the forums. I spend my day in Outlook and don’t have the time to go look at the forums. One could interpret
me telling them to go to the forums and a lack of interest in their issues. That of course is not true and I’m happy to see them anywhere, but I’m more likely to see them if they show up in my Outlook.
On 31 March 2011 02:22, Alena Laskavaia <elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You should probably post this question on CDT user's forum
Just out of interest how many CDT committers regularly look at the forums? I know Andrew does and I think I've seen Toni post there. However in general forums seem to get little love.
I personally don't mind user questions on cdt-dev. The list is pretty quiet, and it gives us an inkling of what people are trying to do as well as provide visibility of what issues people are seeing. For frequently asked questions we
can point users at the FAQ or documentation. Where there is no documentation, that's helpful too...
With mail filters it's pretty easy to ignore messages you don't want to reply to, but I don't think we should necessarily force people away just because the question isn't related to cdt internals. There may be others in the community
who do know and are willing to reply...
On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 5:02 PM, ArbolOne <arbolone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, I have Eclipse up and running using MinGW's compiler (GCC/GDB). Now I
> would like to add GTKmm toolkit library to Eclipse, what do I have to do?
> Eclipse-64 IDE for C/C++ Developers
> Version: Helios Service Release 1
> Build id: 20100917-0705
> Thanks folks
> All things in life are temporary. If going well enjoy it, they will not
> last forever. If going wrong don’t worry, they can't last long either.
> cdt-dev mailing list
cdt-dev mailing list
cdt-dev mailing list