Re: [cdt-dev] CDT ToggleBreakpointsTargetFactory enablement

I wasn't proposing a fix yet, just pointing out the problem :-) And I'm actually not sure how to address this problem so I'm bringing it up here for ideas.

Cheers,
Pawel

On 03/15/2011 02:25 PM, Chuong, Patrick wrote:
Hi Pawel,

Your proposed fix for scope will work well together with disabling CDT factories. Will you be making the change you have suggested in Platform Debug?

I'll file a bug for CDT and will provide a patch.

Thanks,
Patrick

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pawel Piech [pawel.piech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: March 15, 2011 5:03 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] CDT ToggleBreakpointsTargetFactory enablement

I have no objections to the proposed changes, but I'd like to point out
another weakness in the current design:
The toggle breakpoint target is selected based on the factory enablement
and the IToggleBreakpointsTargetFactory.getDefaultToggleTarget() return
values.  However, once user overrides the default setting by using the
Breakpoint Types sub-menu, the user selection overrides other choices
from then on.  Would it help to change this logic so that the
user-override is reverse-able and/or applied to a narrower scope?

Cheers,
Pawel