Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Junit tests

I think this is to prevent a ICPPASTQualifiedName from containing another ICPPASTQualifiedName, indirectly in the case of a template id.

In CPPASTQualifiedName:
/**
 * Qualified name, which can contain any other name (unqualified, operator-name, conversion name,
 * template id).
 */

Take a::b::c::d

if q2 = c::d
and q1 = a::b::q2

then if you want d :
IASTName realLastName = q1.getLastName();
while (realLastName instanceof ICPPASTQualifiedName) {
  realLastName = realLastName.getLastName();
}

It looks like CPPASTQualifiedName wants to avoid this and always stay "flat".

If you allow a template id to have a qualified name, then you could create something like this:

(a::b::[(c::[d<int>])<int>])

where
( ) qualified names
[ ] template ids

also a::b::c::d<int> could be expressed as

(a::b::[(c::d)<int>]) or
(a::[(b::c::d)<int>]) or
[(a::b::c::d)<int>]