Re: [cdt-dev] Adding a checker to codan

(1) I'm not sure of what you mean here, is that the same that (2)
Well if you want to count lines I don't think AST is a proper model for this
Yes, I realized it, btw I think I won't do further investigation about a checking of the file's format, because I don't see classes or method in CDT API that will help me solving my problems (number of lines, number of instructions per lien, etc...) .

(3) Got this problem with project's type, Eclipse tells me that my workspace
is closed, althought my MANIFEST is well established

Are you trying to run it from the command line?
No, I'm running it with eclipse, with the option "Run as a JUnit test", or something like this. I finally downloaded a full Eclipse Version, with the plug-in developpement tool. First job today, run it as a plugin.

But even if I do this, I don't think it will help me in displaying my checker in Window->Preferences->Code Analysis. Have you got a suggestion, or do you need further information (like my plugin.xml, or something)?

Thanks in advance.
Regards, Maxime Dechatre.

Alena Laskavaia <elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

(1) I'm not sure of what you mean here, is that the same that (2)
Well if you want to count lines I don't think AST is a proper model for this

(3) Got this problem with project's type, Eclipse tells me that my workspace
is closed, althought my MANIFEST is well established

Are you trying to run it from the command line?

In advance, thank your for giving me a little time, I hope it will be a good
investment, because I got lots of checkers in mind =)

As a conclusion, may I suggest you something: it is a pain to dowload and
create an eclipse project from each folder from the CVS (my proxy doesn't
want CVS access), and once it's done, it took me half a day to create a
build path corresponding to the project's requierement. My advice is that
you distribute the HEAD revision in a tar.gz format, so as to include all
the necessary jars and the sources.

Thanks for reading me, waiting for your answers =)

Regards, Maxime Dechatre.