Re: [cdt-dev] Linux toolchain in a different pathname

On 4.3.2011 7:01, Klaus Heinrich Kiwi wrote:
On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 03:36 +0000, Schaefer, Doug wrote:
There is  a cross gcc plug-in that I started to do something like
this. I haven't looked at it in a while so I'm not sure what state
it's in, but you could take a look and see if it meets your needs or
at least gives you a head start.
Doug,
  thanks for your response. I'm still trying to find my way inside CDT,
so couldn't find the plugin your're referring to. Can you point it out
for me?

It's in CVS repository :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/tools under HEAD -> org.eclipse.cdt -> cross -> org.eclipse.cdt.build.crossgcc

HTML source view: http://dev.eclipse.org/viewsvn/viewvc.cgi/org.eclipse.cdt/cross/org.eclipse.cdt.build.crossgcc/?diff_format=u&root=Tools_Project

I really had the optimistic (and over-simplistic) view that I could
simply create a new class that extends the original GNU toolchain class,
and then override where necessary (probably just the 'command'
properties in my case).

Was that reasoning that absurd?

Thanks,

In plugin.xml file's extensions tab you should extend org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.buildDefinitions and add toolchain. Then you can add crossgcc compiler (cdt.managedbuild.toolchain.gnu.cross.base) as a superclass.

Back to the top