[cdt-dev] Linux toolchain in a different pathname

Hi.

 This may be a FAQ, but I can't find any useful references with my
current set of keywords.

I wanted to create a plugin that would allow users to choose a
"non-standard" toolchain when creating C/C++ projects/

I've walked through the MBS Extensibility tutorial
(http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.isv/guide/mbs/extensibilityGuide/Managed_Build_Extensibility.html, part 6).

The main difference is that I don't want to create a new toolchain from
scratch. My "non-standard" toolchain is a simple port of the standard
GNU toolchain that CDT uses by default, and it's placed under it's own
set of directories to avoid conflicts with the original (distro's)
toolchain.

All the premises for the standard GNU toolchain would be the same, so I
was hoping I could just "extend" the existing plugin and change the
tools pathnames.

Is that possible? Sorry if this is stupid, I've only recently started
working with the Eclipse platform.

 Thanks,

 -Klaus
--