Re: [cdt-dev] Changing TCF APIs

Hi,

From the protocol point of view, ProcessesV2 (actually it is ProcessesV1, I started numbering from 0) is completely independent service with all new commands.

Inheritance is used only to reduce code size, it does not imply anything beyond that.

[[[ejs]]] Ok.

I feel that adding and retiring complete services is a bit cleaner way to evolve the protocol then adding commands.

[[[ejs]]] Yes, a new service makes sense given your explanation, and I understand the rationale for not adding commands that can fail and require a round-trip to verify.  This API evolution meshes with what the TCF design docs say.

Thanks,

-- Ed

Back to the top