[cdt-dev] How to catch runtime exceptions occurring in DsfRunnable?

Hi All,

I create a subclass of DsfRunnable (say MyRunnable). In the run() method, there is some code which throws a NullPointerException (or any other runtime exception). I submit this runnable using DefaultDsfExecutor.execute().
Now the client has submitted the runnable in a worker thread, and the NPE occurs in the DSF thread. In this case, the call stack is not printed to the console, and there is no indication of an exception having been thrown. The only indication is the DSF executor thread remains stuck in the exception handler and further runnables are not processed.

Can the default handling of exceptions be changed so that atleast the stacktrace is printed to the console when a runtime exception occurs in the runnable?

Thanks
Abeer Bagul
Tensilica India

Back to the top