[cdt-dev] Managed Build System ToolChain Extension

Greetings,

I have been perusing some of the cdt-dev archives while learning how to
create Eclipse plugins but this is my first time posting. I have
attempted to resolve my issue through other means but my efforts fell
short.

I have created a toolchain extension for the CDT Plug-in and would like
to enhance what I have so far with a new wizardPage.

I have used the org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.newWizardPages
extension point with the pageClass extension element. The page appears
to work as long as I don't define an operationClass. When I do define an
operationClass, whether I use
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.tests.wizardPages.TestRunnable or my
own class that implements IRunnable, I get an exception that looks like
the following:

org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.BuildException: Plug-in
"com.emacinc.sdk.v2" was unable to instantiate class
"com.emacinc.sdk.v2.EMACTextParser".
	at
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.wizards.MBSCustomPageManager.loadWizardPage(MBSCustomPageManager.java:211)
	at
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.wizards.MBSCustomPageManager.loadExtensionsSynchronized(MBSCustomPageManager.java:167)
	at
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.wizards.MBSCustomPageManager.loadExtensions(MBSCustomPageManager.java:131)

Since I am not familiar with the rules of this mailing list, I will wait
until I get a response to see whether or not it is polite to include
attachments when submitting a query. I can include all of my source code
either in a .jar or in separate plain text files.

Right now I am considering moving the run() code in the wizardClass
since it is just a simple parsing of a Document...I am just learning
Java so I don't really know if that should get its own thread or not. I
will of course appreciate whatever guidance anyone can offer. Thanks for
your time!

Wayne

Back to the top