Re: [cdt-dev] .cproject formatting cause indexer not to work?

On 17 February 2011 13:15, Alena Laskavaia <elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a question from customer. They used CDT 6.0 based tools and now
> they switch to CDT 7.0.1.
> Now they are claiming that indexer does not work on the old projects.
> The only difference they found
> is usage of "tabs" character instead of space in the .cproject file
> which is "working" (i.e. take old file, replace spaces with tabs in
> some places and it works).
> That seems odd. Anybody recall anything like that?

That does sound weird.  We use standard XML parsers, and errors should
be logged if something as fundamental as this is going wrong.
It's far more likely that something else has changed between 6.0 and
7.0 which causes their projects not to index... I bet if they change
the spaces back to 'tabs' on the newly working .cprojects they'll
continue to work.

Cheers,
James

Back to the top