Re: [cdt-dev] Internal Builder

Title: Re: [cdt-dev] Internal Builder

James, thanks for your reply.

>> I'm not sure who uses the internal builder.

>> We use the makefile builder exclusively here.

That was what I thought but wanted to make sure I was on the right path.

For quite a while I have used a project template consisting of .project and .cproject files, and .settings directory for an external toolset.

These seem to completely capture all of the environment variables and macros.

(I had experimented with the export project settings but found that it didn’t include many of the settings.)

When starting a new project (with that toolset) I would copy these files into a new directory, edit the name in the .project file, and then import it to my workspace. Of course, the build files for the toolset also had to be maintained manually.

When using this approach I had noticed some of the .cproject behavior discussed in bug 226457, especially its modification on changing configurations.

>> As developers find it impossible to work with .cprojects I'm embarking on a (fool-hardy)

>> project to XText-ize + EMF-ize the .cproject +  build model.  The EMF project makes great

>> claims about generating all of XML / Java / UML from a given input.

Sounds very cutting edge! I will watch for it in future releases.

Regards,

Stan Mitchell

Back to the top